Internet Consultant, Social Media Consultant and E-commerce manager. I have a solid experience in Internet marketing, Social Media, Community Building, E-commerce and online strategy - an understanding of the big picture and how the different pieces of the business fit together - strong analytical skills - a unique and refreshing perspective about the internet in general and it's added value for any company.
A people's manager with a 'getting things done' attitude. I prefer/use the Scrum methodology for project management.
- Social Media - Online Marketing - Online Branding - Customer Engagement - Website development & Project Management - European track record - Leading multi- disciplinary & multi-cultural teams, key vendors and agencies. - A/B Testing, MV testing, usability, funnel management, analytics - Out Of The Box mindset
- E-Commerce & online strategy and operations (P&L) - Channel conflict minimization - Pricing Strategy - Stock & Order fulfilment - Sell out / Overstock / Inventory Relief / Marketplaces/ Partner Stores/ New Channels Management/ Loyalty Programs / Cash back programs.
- Married with Phil Maresch.
- Proud father of 4 daughters.
- Potential work-a-holic.
- Online addict.
- Taking walks with our Ridgeback and Dachshund.
- Enthousiastic photographer.
- Love to travel and to make citytrips.
- Stopped smoking in 2010.
- I have two left hands.
- In the 90's I was a succesful concert organizer at Luxor Arnhem
ResumeSelfemployed - Online Strategy Consultant November 2011 - present.
- Jungle Minds - Interim Consultant. Based at International Card Services; survey for TeamSite CMS and online strategy.
- Tong Tong Fair (>150.000 visitors): social media, integration of online & via Facebook ticket-payments.
- Masse Massein: social media strategy, AdWords, SEO and weblog.
- Uncover Skincare: social media, e-commerce and online strategy.
- Entoure: social media strategy and e-commerce.
- Visagie4U: website (design & built), SEO and SEM.
Pentax Europe - Manager E-commerce September 2009 - October 2011.
- E-commerce Social Media strategy and Customer Profiling. CRM, European database-& e-mail marketing.
- Facebook app: Pentax Story-Shooting - Increase of Likes and customer loyalty.
- Social Media ROI and increase of Customer - Intelligence and Customer Loyalty.
- E-commerce strategy and operations in 6 countries - GB, IE, DE, FR, HU and CH; B2B & B2C & B2E & B2P.
- Development and project management (SCRUM): internal stakeholders, external vendors - store built, design, IT, payment & security.
- Rollout of various e-commerce strategies: Sell Out, End Of Life, Overstock commerce, Price Comparison websites and loyalty partner programs (Examples: VISA, Plongeurs, NUS Extra, TUI Germany).
Nikon Europe - Teamleader E-business Management July 2008 - August 2009.
- Owner of all 28 European brand websites in 30 languages.
- Managing European database and email marketing: 4.5 million customers. Increase of Customer Intelligence.
- Initiation of Social Media strategy. Online marketing accountability for all European Nikon brand sites.
- Facebook app: Coolpix Colour DNA - Increase of Likes and customer loyalty.
- Social Media and online marketing strategy for MyPictureTown (Nikon photosharing service).
Wolters Kluwer - Manager Online Development March 2006 - August 2008.
- Community Building, Online publishing & E-commerce
- Responsibility for online development of 4 online newspapers
- Managing Online Development Team (4 FTE)
- Business development
For my detailed and complete resume: you can download it here ('Right click' and 'Save as..'). Or check my LinkedIn profile.
You can hire meTo give presentations and for training (your team, staff, new colleagues, school, college, etc.):
- Internet (in general).
- E-commerce (what, where and how).
- Social Media; opportunities and challenges (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest and other channels).
- Social Media Safety (what are the risks, policies, for companies, schools, children).
The classic way of presenting is with use of Powerpoint. I think it's outdated, so I started using Prezi. For an example of a - what Prezi is and b - a short impression of one of my presentations; see below.
Projects- Multi-lingual widely experienced 360 Strategic Internet Consultant with international experience on strategic and operational level. - Builder of several successful e-commerce platforms: AOL Europe, Nikon Europe and Pentax Europe. - Early adopter - working in online industry since 1996.
My goal is always to keep in mind:
1. Do the right things: creating multi-channel and digital channel strategies.
2. Do things right: optimize or transform digital organization and online operations.
3. Make it happen: design and deliver digital channel platforms, program- and project management.
- E-Commerce & online strategy and operations (P&L) - Online and E-commerce marketing
- Social Media Strategy - CRM, European database-, e-mail marketing and Customer Profiling
- Testing and usability - Business Development - Leading multi-disciplinary teams - Scrum methodology - Web analytics
- Developing strategic and online KPI's on European level. - New Channels Management - Manage third-party partners and/or vendor relationships - 'Out Of The Box' mindset
Recommendation: Nikon Inc.| USA, Cynthia Jeffus, Internet Operations Manager:
The 10/90 rule!
It's not just how 'nice' your site or store looks, but the result that is shown and the action that has to be taken is most important. It all comes down to the 10/90 rule: if your budget is $100 then spend $10 on tools and professional services to implement them, and spend $90 on hiring people to analyze data you collect on your website and transform that into strategy.
For Pentax Europe developed ROI measurement of Social Media, including Facebook app "Pentax Story Shooting". Each Facebook fan was able to create the Story-shooting: select 4 to 15 of their favorite photos on their Facebook-page and to drag and drop them in the frames composing the Story-shooting.
This had a huge viral effect; created increase of Likes and user engagement.
Nikon Europe ROI measurement app "Coolpix Colour DNA". This app was placed on Facebook, Netlog and Nikon's photostoring site 'MyPicture Town' in 15 languages. "Generate your colour DNA with COOLPIX colour DNA calculator."
The app browsed all the pictures of the Facebook account and 'detected' the colour that was most 'visible' on all pictures. This generated a 'colour DNA', which referred to being a specific type of photographer.
I have advised other companies as well on use and ROI from Social Media. To name a few: Nassau (publishing company), Uncover Skincare (beauty products), Entouré (arts), Masse Massein (shiatsu therapy) and Poelmann Van Den Broek Advocaten (legal services).
Various projectsWolters Kluwer I led the project for redesign of an online newspaper/classifieds.
- Update to 2.0 design.
- Integration of online advertising and sponsored content in a non-intrusive way.
- Implementation of payment solution.
- Integration of web-editing tool with offline CMS.
- Measurement and web analytics.
- Online publishing of 3 newspapers: Schuttevaer, Automobielmanagement and Engineers Online.
Wanadoo, business development and online sales.
- Setting up channels Games, Travel, Finance, Career, Dating & Entertainment.
- Online advertising.
- Online and email marketing.
- Increasing customer loyalty.
- Community building and increasing revenue per customer.
AOL Benelux: - Managing Online Team (5 FTE)
- Business development and strategic partnerships.
- Channels: Games, Music, Movies & Entertainment.
- E-commerce (Shop@AOL).
- Online and email marketing.
- Integration of AOL/Time Warner content - see below.
Maresch Internet Consultancy
Oosterbeek, The Netherlands.
- European E-commerce strategy (P&L) and operations in 6 countries (UK, IE, DE, AT, FR & HU).
- B2C & B2B & B2E & B2P.
- European database-, e-mail marketing and Customer Profiling - 1.2M customers. - Scrum methodology: internal stakeholders, external vendors, design, IT, payment & security.
- Initiated e-commerce 'overstock' and 'sell out' via selected B2B partners.
- Initiated online loyalty programs via selected partners (VISA, Plongeurs, NUS Extra, TUI Germany).
- Setting up European database of product ownership and product registration.
- E-commerce (P&L) and operations in 8 countries.
- Project owner (internal stakeholders and external vendors; Scrum methodology.
- ESD and boxed versions.
- Integration in European Nikon brand sites.
- Stock & order fulfillment with external partner.
- Integration with CRM & Callcenter on European level.
- Preferred partner management.
Other E-commerce projects: Wanadoo, Tiscali, Dixons, Uncover Skincare, AOL Benelux, World Online, Wolters Kluwer.